So. Um. This just happened.
My 3 year old was quietly playing with his legos. I went to see what he was doing and saw this.
Me: Um. D. What’s going on here?
D: Mommy, its a head factory. They need new heads.
Me: Um. Uh. Um. OK. How about you go watch Paw Patrol?
What the puck!?!?!?
I shouldn’t panic, right? I mean, it’s not normal. But. But, it’s not not normal. Right?
I have been a complete and total witch lately. I’m going to blame it on PMS, this time. But don’t you blame it on PMS!
So, I’m going to try to look on the bright side. Although, I’m more of a ‘nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition’ sort of person (I might have mentioned that before.)
Today I had this waiting for me to fold:
It’s three loads of laundry. I have a fourth load already folded, but not put away. I’m trying not to have a panic attack about this much laundry to fold and put away.
I just need to breathe.
Think happy thoughts, happy thoughts. I need to think about a happy place. Hmm. . .
Last night I got my hair colored and a pedicure.
Luckily, I had this appointment scheduled because I needed a few hours away. That Sangria was the closest thing to a vacation to Spain as I think I’m going to get.
Yesterday, D decided he was going to help me by changing his own poopy diaper. I’m going to spare you the gory details. The bright side of that? He wanted to help me out.
Oh, Oh. This weekend Hubby and I are going to the city to see The Sexy Liberal Show with Stephanie Miller and her mooks. We are super excited. Useless tidbit of information for you: Hubby and I met at a “Drinking Liberally” meetup right after Kerry lost. Here is another useless tidbit: I was a Howard Dean girl.
Have a great weekend!
This past Thursday (3/20) was International Day Of Happiness. I wouldn’t have known that juicy tidbit if it hadn’t been for social media cramming it down my throat. But it did make me think of all the things I am happy about. *stares out the window to reflect*
Let’s see. I’m happy that not only is it sunny out today, but that it is in the 50s. I’m happy that Spring is officially here. I’m trying not to think about the fact that there is a possibility for snow next week.
I’m happy that my boys are healthy and happy. I’m happy that D loves preschool. He just started about a month ago and he LOVES it. I’m happy that M loves school and is enjoying his Hip Hop class.
I’m happy my hubby is excited about his new job. I’m happy that he seems to be getting his confidence back up.
I’m happy that I’m on the road to a healthier lifestyle. I just signed up for a 5k!
I’m happy that tonight we are going to see some old friends that we haven’t been able to see all winter long. Every time we make plans, we’ve had to cancel because of (another) fucking snow storm.
What are somethings that make you happy today?
Have a great weekend!
Thursdays are crazy for me. I need to find time to post that day.
*good to know 🙂
This Friday has started out kinda poopy. D (the two year old) stuck his toothbrush down the sink. Its stuck good and tight. There a few other issues today, but I’m going to try to focus on some positive things.
- M (the five year old) seems to love school. I hope he continues to love school, at least for this year anyway.
- This Sunday is the Ingathering Ceremony at my church. This service also includes what is called a Water Communion. Members bring some water from a place that they went to over the summer Or from a place that is special to them. We all pour our water into a basin and it symbolizes the coming together of the congregation back from summer. I love watching families tell us where their water is from.
- This Sunday also is the public dedication of the new sanctuary at my church. Its a really big deal even the president of the UUA will be there.
(I realize both of those two are religious based, this blog won’t be preachy. In fact, if I do write anything regarding religion it may be about questioning my own beliefs.)
- It’s September, which means Fall is just around the corner. I love the cooler weather and when the leaves change color.
- I’m writing again!! It’s been a long time since I actually wrote anything.
- Tonight is pizza, popcorn, milkshakes and movie night with my boys!
- Some people are reading my blog and I have proof.
Guess what? I feel better. Thanks for helping me look on the bright side of life. I typically expect the Spanish Inquisition. 🙂